MDLXIII
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MDLXIII

Until We Ride Again

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
juhaihai

juhaihai

Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 6:35 am

"Yeah...why not now?" she asked him, quite glad he still remembers. She knew it was late and they were in the halls; people were most likely sound asleep aready but it wouldn't hurt to sing a single line or verse now would it? She wasn't really expecting much anyway, so why think about it too much? The way he was acting in front of her was quite amusing too.

"Piano?...Room?" Her jaw dropped for a second thinking about the scenario, instantly forming a debased image in her mind, her face flushed slightly.

"Commander, I am under the impression that you want me to go to bed with you tonight." She kept her voice low, her words clear and her face straight. Colette tried to collect herself, tried to think about it first, surely Peter was not a man like that, but who knows? She has only met him for a short time and he may be pretending to be nice all this time.

"I am kidding." she said flatly. Obviously making an excuse at the straightforward line she just blurted out, he still was her superior after all.

"Well...the piano's not going anywhere so..." She definitely didn't want to go to his room at this late an hour. He wasn't taking this singing thing seriously now, was he? "Maybe tomorrow...afternoon...?"
Back to top Go down
the-aegis
Admin
the-aegis

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 6:46 am

"Well I...no of course not!" Peter felt himself go stiff with embarrassment when she accused him of wanting to take her to bed. He somehow knew he had stepped right into that one, with the mention of the piano....but if she was going to hear him sing....well he'd rather do it properly. "I mean I...well it's not..." He groaned and ran his hand through his hair. "My god, you like putting me on the spot don't you?"

Taking a deep breath and shaking his head, Peter looked at her with a sarcastic expression.

"Yes, I am doing all of this just to have a tumble with you in my bed." He crossed his arms, eyebrow raised. "That would be fantastic for my reputation now wouldn't it?" Lucky for him, at least he could joke with Colette easier now without seeming too forward...most of the time at least.

He nodded at her suggestion of tomorrow. Peter noted to himself of possibly setting aside an hour or so to prepare....which song? Should he sing something written by a famous artist? Maybe something he wrote himself? That would be pretentious wouldn't it...Damn.

"Sounds good." He smiled as best as he could under the circumstances. "I'll be in my office tomorrow afternoon, so if you could find me there after you're done your duties and lunch, that would be best." Peter cleared his throat and gave her a salute. "Good night - I'll see you tomorrow, recruit." He wasn't taking any chances she'd change her mind and force him to sing for her tonight, so quickly Peter turned and headed for his dorm room while pulling out a cigarette from his pocket.

Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 9:59 pm

After throwing her coat lazily to an empty chair, Colette immediately slumped in bed, letting out an air of exasperation and exhaustion. A lot has happened today and looking back at it, she had once again spent another afternoon with Peter and with tomorrow's plans, she was most likely going to spend it with him again. Frowning, she wasn't really sure anymore if it was a good thing or a bad thing...she didn't even care as the alcohol from earlier slowly kicked in.

===

Walking down the halls towards her superior's personal quarters, she looked around left, right and back to check if anyone was following her. It was a free afternoon, and quite a few recruits we're loitering around the area, spending their time in the halls. She had to be careful now or else she'd give out the wrong impression in case anyone would see her prying in front of the Commander's door.

Knocking once and not getting an answer, she hesitated calling out for permission to enter, the room was most likely sound proof from the inside. Looking closely, she noticed the door wasn't closed in completely and the redhead was, most likely, anticipating her arrival. And with that note, goosebumps trailed down her spine as she suddenly envisioned Peter in his black boxer's, on the bed waiting for her, complete with sparkles and roses as a background. 'Hnggg...NO', she shook her head, shaming herself in the process, slapping the ill thought away as remains of last nights talk still remained in her head. He was her superior, why was she seeing such things? What Peter said about her being 'perverted' was probably true or was now starting to be.

Opening the door hesitantly, she peeked in and instantly the lovely euphonious sound of a piano, welcomed her senses.
Back to top Go down
the-aegis
Admin
the-aegis

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 11:33 pm

Peter tried to sleep as much as he could. This then basically made him sleep in two hours past his usual time and even so, it was Nadine who had managed to sneak into his room and dump a huge pail of water on him. After a while of trying to punish the girl for the rude awakening, he got ready and headed for his office.

He had to practice.

The piano was carefully situated next to his desk and blocked from immediate view of anyone who may have peaked into the room. Not to mention, it was covered by a cloth to keep the dust off.

Sighing, he pulled the cloth off, revealing the old oak piano. It was very well preserved - who knows where he managed to get such a thing in this kind of world. But nevertheless, it was there, its keys shining in the sunlight that shone through the window. Peter sat himself down and started playing various songs for practice. He still had to pick something to sing before she arrived.

That is when he heard the door open and immediately stopped playing, ready to punch whoever entered his room without knocking. Well that is until he saw who it was.

"A-ah." Peter stood up clumsily as he stepped over the stool and walked over to open the door fully. "Sorry, I didn't hear you knock." As he opened the door, he looked around the hallway to make sure no one would see him letting a recruit into his personal quarters. When the coast was definitely clear, he almost pushed her inside before closing the door quickly.

"How was your morning?" He said, pulling out his desk chair for her to sit before sitting in front of the piano himself.

He was nervous.
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 3:02 am

"The door was open so I--" before she could finish her sentence she was shoved inside the room without warning. After straightening her uniform, she adjusted her seat a few feet away from the piano before sitting down, making herself comfortable in this unfamiliar setting.

"It was fine sir." Taking a quick look around, the room was what she had expected it to be, tidy with the usual colors as the other rooms, and it brought about the same air that Peter carries all the time, powerful and forbidding. Her eyes lingered over to the piano which was the only thing that seemed to be out of place with its tranquil elegance.

"Commander, I didn't actually expect you'd take this thing this far as to..." She tilted her head slightly to the side, thinking if he would actually do the same to his other subordinates.

"...Practice. I do appreciate the effort though." She continued as she nodded lightly. "But please don't think too much about it...I am not expecting much anyway." Biting gently on her lower lip, she questioned if her last line would be taken offensively, not that she intended it to be but it sounded like it. Shrugging her thought off, it was too late to take back what was true..
Back to top Go down
the-aegis
Admin
the-aegis

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 3:26 am

(I thought you were supposed to be doing hw! Btw, as corny as it is...this is the song he'd be singing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FPA8DHdia8 if that helps at all XD)

"I haven't played in a very long time." Peter said, shifting in his seat, his eyes glued to the piano keys, trying to think of which song to play for her. "So it seemed only natural to practice a little bit. It's not as if I'd just sing you 'My Little Teapot' after you told me of your musical tastes." He turned to her with a small chuckle. "I do have my pride, you know?"

He laughed out loud when she said she wasn't expecting much. As much as this comforted him in that at least he wouldn't disappoint her, it also served to smack his competitive side around quite a bit. So Peter gave her an eyebrow raise. "Oh really?"

He turned back to the piano, feeling the old keys and thinking in his mind before picking a song to sing.

His fingers hit the first notes with nervousness still and for a moment, Peter was scared his voice would not come out at all. But, luckily for his pride, his fingers danced on the piano keys as if it was their second nature to do so and his voice still strong and clear. Well...despite a little huskiness because of his increase in smoking.

He didn't dare think about looking to see her expression, and when he was done he immediately closed the piano cover and took a long deep breath.

"Well...there you go" Peter finally managed to say.
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 1:19 am

Colette, really didn't mind the whole thing much and she was just relieved Peter didn't seem to be offended by what she said. As soon as he started the first few notes, she closed her eyes and felt that it was slightly off but he soon picked up the right pace and the flow went smoothly after.

'So the man, can play...impressive but can he--'

Opening her eyes at the unexpected sound of his voice, the image that welcomed her was different than the usual stern faced Commander that she knew. The white light coming down from the windows made the wood glisten together with the ebony keys, that made the atmosphere around him ethereal-like. Together with the melody he was weaving, his fingers danced on the keys and his voice, oh how she loved his voice--felt like sweet, sweet ambrosia to her ears.

As his last words melted in with his last notes 'to love you...' ,she found herself gripping at the edge of her seat, her nails dug into the covers, her heart swelling.

It took her a second or two to realize that silence has once again embraced the room and she turned to look at Peter, her face filled with awe at his performance. Immediately standing up and clapping her hands, she beamed a smile at him...and for a second, she thought that she might have been in love with him.

"That was great!" Great was an understatement, it was as good or probably even better than the few concerts that she has been fortunate enough to attend to. "That...that was..." Covering her cheeks, she shook her head to find the right words to describe his performance, but was at a loss for them. Feeling all giddy, she tried to contain herself from squealing in front of him, thinning her lips so she wouldn't do so. Her eyes gazed upon him under a new light and she had to convince herself that this song was not for her, and that he would do the same to anybody else in losing a bet.

"It's a very beautiful song sir." She was finally able to utter out, wanting to know more about his music, she asked, "Did you undergo some sort of training? You...played like a professional." She approached him, and gently ran a hand at the edges of the piano, touching it as if it was something precious.
Back to top Go down
the-aegis
Admin
the-aegis

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 1:56 am

Her pause after he finished made Peter's heart cringe. Was it bad? He thought he did a decent job, but maybe it really wasn't good enough. At least, that's the type of thoughts that zipped through his mind before the sound of her hands clapping rang throughout the room.

This was a mistake.

Maybe it was the atmosphere...the fact that he had finally shared his musical hobby with someone else and how liberating it was. Maybe it was the lighting - but the wide smile she gave him seemed to make Peter's heart skip a beat. No, several beats even. She was looking at him with such happiness he'd never thought would be for him. Peter knew he might have started fostering feelings for this woman a few nights ago but this time it was unmistakable. Maybe he had chosen this song on purpose without even thinking of it.

Then, he remembered her background. As if his mind was trying to warn him of an impossible goal, Peter remembered where Colette had come from. Her family name was well known and the standards her family held for their members were high. Before he left the Service, maybe he'd have a chance despite the scandal of a commander and subordinate relationship...but now? He wasn't much of anyone. He never was.

Peter swallowed the knot in his throat at the thought and laughed at how cutely happy she was. Never in his mind did he ever expect anyone to love his music much.

"Well, suits you right for thinking to not expect much." He joked and stood up from the piano, letting her have a feel for the instrument itself. Peter pondered the question a bit, thinking of how to tell her without exposing too much of what he did in the past.

"My mentor was a music lover and piano player." He said simply, now standing by the window. "He didn't sing, but I suppose all the music he let me listen to were good enough teachers." Peter looked at her, stroking the piano lovingly and smiled. "You said you tried to learn when you were little?"
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 5:19 am

She didn't mind his joke, she let him have it this time since he was right. "Is that so. He must be a really good mentor then to have taught someone like you such an elegant and sophisticated skill." Colette ran her fingers gently through rows of black and white keys, marveling at the instrument.

Taking a quick glance at Peter, the light seemed to have enhanced his features, making him look good in her eyes. "Yeah I did." smiling weakly at herself, she sat on the bench and pressed a key once--twice and slowly did the notes for 'Mary had a little lamb' getting the last note wrong. Pouting at her mistake, she sighed heavily in light frustration. "I did tell you instruments hate me right?"

She shifted in her seat, facing him. "I didn't expect a man like you to play so well....for sure any woman that would be lucky enough to be dedicated such a piece would fall madly in love with you." Laughing a little at her line, she meant it to be a compliment and nothing more, wondering why that little twinge came knocking on her heart again. Biting her lower lip, she wondered if she could ask him again another song....maybe not now, but some other time would do.
Back to top Go down
the-aegis
Admin
the-aegis

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 6:23 am

The light didn't only favor him. Colette's features were emphasized in the golden sun rays that came through the window. It was silly, but in the back of Peter's mind he fostered the thought that she looked somewhat angelic. Her feature against the background of piano. It was too bad - she would look amazing playing it. More than he would ever look at least.

He hesitated before taking a seat on the piano bench beside her, pressing the correct key to finish her simple song. "Yes you did..." Peter chuckled. "You were close, though. If we had more free time, I wouldn't mind trying to teach you." He turned to smile at her.

His eyes met hers and for a moment his mind went blank. What did she mean by that...? It couldn't be anything more than a compliment - Colette seemed to care so much about this job. Peter knew he could take that into consideration for himself too...he needed to focus on his position and job instead of pursuing or even fantasizing about some impossible goal.

"Well I...uh." He managed to pry his eyes away from her and turned his attention at the piano. "I've never wanted to play for anyone before, so I wouldn't know." Peter laughed as well and wondered what would happen now. It was done, she had heard his music. Maybe...she'd just leave him now. After all, she had gotten what she came for and there was no more reason to stay.
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 7:55 am

Staring at him with an almost blank expression, Colette tried to think about his offer of a free tutorial. Looking back down at the keys, she thought about their job and their priorities...surely, they both had little or no time at all for such leisure and that they had their ranks to worry to.

"So you mean this was you first time--?" Taking a look back at him, meeting him eye to eye, diving into those deep pools of ocean blue orbs, she silently searched for answers. Was that song for me? Was I lucky enough? Is it okay to hope, that you...somewhere down there, have feelings for me? Is it okay to hope, Peter?

Impossible.

Fumbling a little as she stood up abruptly, she gave him an awkward smile. She had to end this insanity before anything goes too far. "Thank you for that song Commander, I do believe you owe me nothing now..." She paused, catching his eye for another second and turning away immediately, feeling her cheeks burning up a little bit. "I enjoyed listening to you..."

She wanted to ask him for one more, one more song just for her. "I do hope next time you'll be able to share it with more people."

She wanted to spend more time with him--even just a little bit more. "I will take my leave now Commander."

She wanted to see him again tonight. "See you tomorrow then. On training."

Snapping a salute at him, she immediately walked to the door without taking a look back and shut it. Outside, a few feet away, she sank on the floor...her feet felt like it just lost all its strength and for some unknown reason, that small ache grew and she knew she had to stop seeing him before this emotion catches on fire and burn her up completely with its flames--his flames.
Back to top Go down
the-aegis
Admin
the-aegis

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 8:38 am

(idk where this is gonna lead but lesse BD )

Peter watched as she got up, his hand twitched to grab hers...to ask her to stay just a moment longer. Damnit, why couldn't she wait? Just wait...until he can decide what to do. If only they had the time to spend pondering...if only he was more decisive. He tried his best to smile back and stood to see her out.

"It was a pleasure to play for you." Peter said softly, his voice stuck as if punishing him for not being able to seize this moment to tell her. To tell her before they're both stuck in this place for too long. She was going to drive him crazy.

Quickly, his heart urged him, offer another song...something! "Well since you think it's good enough to share, I'll think about it."[

'If there was someone else in this world like you...then maybe.'

Peter saluted back when she did and watched her leave, shutting his own door behind her. He stood in the empty room, the smell of her lingering even through the strong scent of tobacco. He felt numb everywhere but his chest which tightened as he stared at the door.

He didn't know how long he'd been staring...but a knock on his door snapped him out of it. Nadine and Simon had come to him to talk about training regiments.

Right...he had work to do.

---

That night was spent sleepless. Eventually Peter gave up sleeping and went for a jog through the whole city. The strain on his body in the freezing air was a nice refresher from everything that had happened even though still he had no answer for this problem. At least for now, the knot in his chest had loosened and his mind was clearer. At least for now until he knew what to do...he could just busy himself with work.

Through the day, he checked upon the training periodically to record progress before slinking back into his paperwork.

Peter buried himself in work for the whole day, skipping even lunch. When he finally sat back in his chair, it was past seven. His stomach growled, reminding him that he was indeed human and therefore needed sustenance. The first option that came into mind was to go out for dinner. That, however was out of the question. He'd want to ask her out and with what he felt the day before...he wasn't ready for it yet. And if he didn't ask her out, at least she'd be on his mind the whole bloody time.

"Cafeteria..." Peter mumbled as he pulled himself out of his chair and finally left his office for the day, heading down to the cafeteria. Most recruits were out or have already eaten - the place was empty and the chefs had finished for the night. Looking around the empty room, Peter made his way through to the kitchen to make something small for himself.

Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 12:49 am

She spent her day the same way as usual and come dinner time, she remembered the last time she spent it wit him, and somehow wished it could happen again. Losing her appetite she gave the meal to a fellow recruit after poking on it the whole time.

Not eating was a bad idea, since hunger visited her before sleep. Not minding putting on her blazer, she walked briskly in the hallway while folding her sleeves halfway. The cafeteria was empty as expected at this hour and she headed into the pantry to rummage around for anything she could easily slip out and eat in her room. Even though she could cook, she did not want to get caught fiddling in someone else's kitchen. She caught eye of a small basket on the small table and luckily it had assorted breads. Grabbing one, and with the intention of going out before she gets caught, she motioned for the door handle but missed it when it suddenly burst open. Looking up, she let out a tiny gasp and her heart jumped, 'of all the people, why this man?'

"C-Commander." Her voice was shaky and she immediately straightened her pose, dismissing the action of saluting since her good hand was holding the sweet bun as she hid it behind her back. "What brings you here at this hour?"

Perplexed, she wasn't sure if she was happy to see him or not...but one thing was for sure, this man brought with him something that stirred her feelings into confusion and even though she enjoyed his company,it was unsafe to be around him. She planned on avoiding him for a short while but again but destiny wasn't on her side.
Back to top Go down
the-aegis
Admin
the-aegis

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 1:39 am

He wasn't expecting anyone, especially not her. Peter froze when the door opened and revealed Colette, his fingers still gripping the knob tightly. Why was she here? Not that she wasn't allowed, per say - the food was here for them after all.

"Recruit." Peter nodded in acknowledgement of her presence and managed to take his hand off the doorknob and walked into the room so not to block her way out. "I haven't eaten yet today." He walked a few more steps, now taking note of the bread she was trying to hide. "I see you were hungry too."

Peter headed straight to the refrigerator and opened it, looking through the contents while trying to figure out what to make himself. He couldn't focus though...his mind was now filled with her and only her.

She was dangerous.

"So, how was training?" The least he could do is make things less awkward. For all he knew, she was fine with everything and normal...and if he started distancing himself from her too much she might be hurt. Peter took a deep breath and pulled some ham and cheese from the fridge before shutting it.
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 4:22 am

"It was fine, the same as usual." She said shrugging, taking out the light snack she had hidden behind her, guess there was no use hiding anything from him.

Still standing near the door, she was itching to get out and leave him but then it would be rude of her to do so since he already initiated small talk. Thinking for the best thing to do at this situation, she took a small bite out of her bun, wondering if it was okay to spend more time with him. He probably wasn't feeling the same way, right? She was probably just imagining things, she was the only one being awkward.

Seconds felt like hours as she stood there in silence trying to figure out what to tell him, what to do.

"Well yeah... and I got what I need sir, this is enough so...I'll take my leave." Grabbing the door knob, before she could even push it open, the small room was filled with the grumbling noise of her tummy.
Back to top Go down
the-aegis
Admin
the-aegis

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 5:03 am

Peter glanced at her while she was on her way to leave and he didn't like it one bit. Sure he knew she was dangerous to him but against all of his logic he wanted her around. It felt like they had been fighting when all that had happened was an afternoon of music...music that she liked; music that he loved to provide.

Then, there was that opening. Her stomach growled almost violently and Peter realized that she probably didn't have dinner either. He wasn't going to ask why, but the possibility of the whole awkwardness wasn't just with him became more likely.

"No, please." He said, putting down the butter knife he had been spreading butter on toast with and looked at her back. "You don't have to go - that stomach of yours obviously wants a bit more than a measly bun." Peter didn't know how to cook properly though and at this point was searching through his mind for something he could create that might convince her to stay.

"I'm not much of a cook." He turned his attention back to the failing sandwich he was creating. "But I could try to make you a half-decent sandwich if you'd like." He chuckled a little. "I'm uh...slowly getting my way there..."

'Just stay...if you want, I'll find a way to make you a feast somehow.'
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 12:12 am

Well that was embarrassing, she thought. Letting out an aggravated sigh and mentally cursing herself, she turned around to face him and forced a smile. It was too late to just leave now and he was right, she was hungry. Approaching him, wrapping her sweet bun in thin paper, setting it aside for later, she pondered for a moment at what she could do as she watched him and his less than impressive abilities in making a sandwich. "I doubt even your sandwich could suffice commander." She chuckled, shaking her head as she did so. Colette could cook, yes...but she wasn't exactly brilliant at it, but what better option was there?

"Since we're both starving..." She paused as she pulled open the large fridge for ingredients; rummaging, she spotted a few good ones to use. "...I guess I could whip one for you and me--that is if you could wait for 30 minutes or more for a simple meal." Grabbing some vegetables, she thanked the cook that there were peeled potatoes left. "If not then it's okay, I could finish this off myself." She shrugged, placing some ingredients on the counter.

After a minute of searching around the pantry, she got everything she needed with a few minor substitutes. Folding her sleeves higher, tying the apron knot around her waist and after washing her hands she started prepping the ingredients in a speedy deliberate manner.

"Hey, if you want, you could make some toast to go with this for both of us." she ordered at Peter, completely ignoring their ranks as she fired the stove. Colette knew the recipe by heart and expertly tossed in the ingredients one by one, pausing once to bring the confection to a simmer. Going back at it again and adding the potatoes and carrots and the rest of the chopped ingredients in about 11 minutes time.

She leaned in on the cold counter, glancing at the time once as she waited for the soup to thicken. "I do hope your not picky." She asked, quite nervous and unsure about her cooking.
Back to top Go down
the-aegis
Admin
the-aegis

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 3:57 am

"You cook?" Peter didn't mean to sound so surprised....but he was surprised. She didn't look like the type of woman who did too much around the house, especially considering what kind of family she came from. Nevertheless, any option was better than having him cook. "Well, I'd be glad to taste what you can do." He chuckled too and packed the sandwich ingredients away other than the bread.

By the time he was done packing up, Colette was already in her apron and firing up the stove. Somehow, even compared to her casual outfit, this made her seem even more 'human' to him. Peter looked down at himself, still in full uniform.

"What are you making?" He asked curiously, taking his jacket and cape off, throwing them on a nearby unused counter before rolling up his sleeves. "Honestly, with my skill in the culinary arts I don't think I can afford to be picky." Peter spread butter on toast, two pieces each seemed more than enough and put them in the toaster before cleaning up his little mess.

As he dumped the last of the crumbs in the trash, the toast was done. Unfortunately even such a simple task proved to be hard for him. Two of the toasts were slightly burnt and Peter furrowed his brows in frustration.

"Bloody toaster..." He muttered to himself as he fished the bread out from the machine. Hoping Colette didn't see or notice, he flipped the burnt sides down, making sure he would have both burnt pieces on his own plate and saving the good ones for her. Embarrassing.

Peter set the two separate plates on the counter before walking over to look at what she was making. "The toast is done - this is smelling pretty great." His stomach agreed by growling.
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 11:49 pm

"A little...yes." She responded lightly at his question, letting out a hearty chuckle at his surprised tone which he didn't even try to hide.
"I believe everyone can cook? Even me... but I am not an expert of course." Going back to her cooking, she added the salmon and left it to simmer, closing the lid. "My parents we're smart enough to teach me the basics and a few easy recipes...I was meant to be someone's trophy wife after all." Her last words trailed off from her lips laconically as she tried to go back to her cooking; stirring the soup inattentively, thoughts about her family were cut-off when Peter asked another question.

"Ah? well its a salmon and vegetable chowder, good for the cold weather." she said, trying to shake off the thought of home. Seeing him work in the kitchen without his black blazer helped lift the stiff awkward atmosphere that surrounded them a while ago, well at least to her it did. Somehow, it made her forget about this afternoon's little meeting and the uneasiness that it brought.

Colette smiled at herself for his little mistake. She couldn't help but think how childlike it was to curse at an innocent contraption, it would have been normal if it were other people, but then seeing that it was Peter just made the whole thing extra amusing; even the way he tried to hide the bad side of the toast, 'how cute'. Colette simply pretended not to notice for his sake as she continued with her cooking.

Then a growling sound passed her ears. She quickly glanced at him, not entirely sure if it was her stomach again or something else that made such a demanding sound; she let out a heartfelt laugh seconds after realizing it was Peter's.

"Thank you for the help Commander. You must be really hungry too. If you like you could go ahead and take a seat, this will be done in a few minutes." After giving him a pat in the back, still chuckling, she then gave Peter a small push towards the small dining table.
Back to top Go down
the-aegis
Admin
the-aegis

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 2:11 am

Trophy wife? Peter looked at her, all focused on the chowder when she said those words. Was she engaged? IS she engaged? These new thoughts weighed on him like heavy stones tied to his heart. Still, the way she talked about it gave him the feeling that it wasn't something she wanted. Peter's mind wandered for a moment - perhaps he could crash that wedding and sweep her off her feet?

This stories of valiant knights he loved as a child flashed in his mind, making him smile to himself...only to be replaced by the vision...the memory...of when he tried to save her in that past life of his. Peter shook the negative feelings off - he was here and he was with someone who reminded him of good things for once.

"Salmon and vegetable chowder?" He said, looking over her shoulder and laughed too when she did at his stomach's whining. "Well I think the smell of your cooking is trying my stomach's patience." Peter wasn't expecting her to push him around - figuratively or literally.

It wasn't as if he was naked exactly, but her touch was so casual and free...and so close. He stumbled a little towards the dining table and looked back at her.

"Am I distracting you?" Peter joked, turning back to prepare their bowls and spoons. "I don't mind waiting with you, you know." He set the bowls aside, ready to be filled with the steaming chowder. "Feels rather...bad if I just go lounge around while you do all the work."

"You were getting married?" He asked finally after a bit of waiting for their food, hoping that he didn't sound too nosey and in her business. "I mean, are you still? I don't suppose the man is happy with you being in a military organization then...?"
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 3:29 am

"Oh nooo--well...yes, I guess you are distracting." She joked as she waved a hand casually at him. "This won't take too long, don't worry. You have helped tons with the toast." She smiled, looking over at his culinary masterpiece, she wasn't anymore sure which ones were burnt and which ones were not.

She froze slightly at his question.

"Huh? Yeah." She hesitated continuing with her answer, she wasn't sure if she could spill this out to him, she has told no one about this piece of information on her past. She started pouring a good amount of hot chowder into the bowls and together with the toasts served them over to the table where Peter sat.

Picking a seat adjacent to his, she handed him his spoon and his share of both toast and chowder. Her mind was battling wether or not she could tell him more, Peter was someone new to her but it felt like she could trust him. There was something with this man that made her feel both comfortable and disturbed at the same time.

"And...no, I'm not engaged anymore." She let out a heavy sigh as she stirred her food, letting it cool off a little. "I was, but I ran away...and don't worry, nobody knows I'm here. They probably are not looking for me anyway considering that its been a month." She muttered.

Taking in a spoonful of her chowder, she was relieved it tasted the same as usual.'Not bad, still edible,' she thought as she shrugged, hopefully Peter thought the same. Her food was always fine and neither her parents or brother complimented or refused it, but now she was quite nervous about the reaction of this man.

"And hey, if I was still engaged, I wouldn't be here cooking for you, Commander." She smiled, trying to steer away fro the topic about her engagement. "But then I guess you would want that, right? I mean, that's one less recruit to worry about." She mentioned, chuckling about how true it was.
Back to top Go down
the-aegis
Admin
the-aegis

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 5:51 am

Peter thanked her for the food, but also realized that she had given him the wrong plate of toast and now had the plate of burnt ones. Darn it...how was he going to go about asking for that plate? Before he knew it, he was staring at her plate somewhat intensely. As soon as Peter realized, he pried his eyes away and quickly re-engaged in the conversation.

"Ah, I see." He replied, feeling somewhat relieved. It's always too bad an arrangement like that didn't work out...but of course, he was glad it didn't. "Well as long as you're not married or under the legal age, they cannot drag you away from here even if they came knocking hmm?"

He took a bite of the chowder and savored the flavors in his mouth before swallowing. Fishy and hearty - he hadn't had a chowder that reminded him of home for a long time. Peter smiled up at her and gave her a thumbs up of approval.

"It's very good." He commented, taking another bite. "Whoever your fiance was, he definitely made the mistake of running you off." Peter paused before continuing. She was opening up to him and he wasn't about to squander that now. "Better for me of course - since because of that, you're here and nice enough to cook for me." He chuckled at her seemingly lack of self confidence. Why in the world would anything be better if she wasn't here?

"Colette, if they took you away now that I know you." He put his spoon down temporarily. "I think I'd miss you - especially now that I know your cooking reminds me of home." Taking a deep breath, Peter decided it was easiest to just come out and confess.

"Speaking of cooking...I think we'd be best to switch our plates of toast. You have the burnt ones."

(e u e did you think I was gonna make him say it? hurr hurr <33 )
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 3:25 pm

Colette felt her face burn up slightly at his praise. It was a simple dish but she was glad it turned out fine to his taste. "You are too kind, thanks...but don't go blaming me if your stomach aches moments later, okay?" She jested.

"Oh?" she acted surprised, lifting one toast up and checking the lower side, indeed it was burnt near black. "So I see, you surely do know your ways in the kitchen." She giggled at her sarcasm and shook her head lightly at him. "How about this, you get one, and I get the other...there!" She said as she swapped the toasts so both of them had both kinds and had to endure eating the burnt ones each. "Fair and square. I'm not that picky you know." After beaming at him, she took one bite off the troubled toast making sure that he had no means of swapping them back.

Why did she feel so comfortable talking to this man?

'Home', she pondered over the word; suddenly she got interested at Peter's background. What was he like when he was a kid? What was home to him like in this war-driven world? Wavering over the thought of asking him such questions, she wondered if she would cross some invisible line that's off-limits.

"Hmm, I guess you lived a good life as a kid?" In the end she settled with something safe.
Back to top Go down
the-aegis
Admin
the-aegis

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 7:39 pm

"Well I-" Peter tried to protest, wanting to insist that he took both burnt pieces but she was too fast. "Well I guess we both might get stomach aches later." He shook his head, chuckling at her playfulness. "I just thought since it was my mistake that i should take the punishment."

He smiled at her and took a bite of his own burnt toast. What would she do if he just grabbed her burnt toast anyways? It was a rude gesture obviously, but somehow he didn't seem to pay much mind to it. The atmosphere was so casual and the inner child of his wanted to have some more fun.

But wouldn't it be dangerous...? To enjoy this person's company even more than he already did seemed just stepping onto a path that he shouldn't.

Peter, despite the warning signs in his head for him to stop and that she was off limits, almost reached over and snatched the toast from her mouth. Luckily, her question stopped him before he could make a move.

"Hmn? What makes you think that?" He said, curious. Peter had learned mannerisms and etiquette because his past profession required it, but not like she would know something so personal. "I had a rough childhood - but I suppose at least that kept away anyone who wanted to force me into a marriage." He chuckled.
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 5:01 am

"No, I just assumed you did. You know how to play the piano and you know know your ways with people even though you display such an ominous air around you at first glance." She nibbled on her burnt toast, tasting bitter butter which she didn't mind at all, not even noticing Peter's actions. "So you must have had experienced a better life than most people in this generation."

Colette tried to steer clear from the topic of her unwanted marriage but it seems like Peter managed to bring it up again. Well, not that this talk was serious anyway, so it was probably fine to poke fun at it...or maybe he just didn't want to talk about his own past?

Raising an eyebrow at him, smirking, she asked "Hmm, is that so? lucky for you then, plus you're a guy, you are not probably going to be forced to the tie the knot and if you were, you would always have the option of saying 'NO'" Pausing, she thought things would have been better if she was born as a guy, her reincarnate would most likely appreciate it too. "Men always have it easy, don't you think?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc   Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lancelot x Jeanne d'Arc
Page 6 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MDLXIII :: MAIN ROLE-PLAY :: King's Blade-
Jump to: