MDLXIII
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MDLXIII

Until We Ride Again

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Of Tap Dancing and other annoyances in the hallway

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PokeLucario

Of Tap Dancing and other annoyances in the hallway Empty
PostSubject: Of Tap Dancing and other annoyances in the hallway   Of Tap Dancing and other annoyances in the hallway I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 8:58 am

Well, Yvette was bored. She had already helped patch a few people up from some sort of vigorous training session. There wasn't much to do, anyway, and there weren't many people to talk to. All the people she had met were either quiet and untalkative or had better things to do than talk to her. So, she put on those old tap shoes her mother had given to her all those years ago and started dancing.

She tried to remember all the steps that she could, but she had lost her touch. Well, from the fact that she had accidentally forgotten to close the door, the tapping could probably be heard all throughout the corridor, probably just passing through the walls and annoying the heck out of those people in the next door rooms. Not that she cared. She was in the ZONE.

Maybe she'll crack out her violin next and play some terrible music. That should make her day less boring.
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Of Tap Dancing and other annoyances in the hallway   Of Tap Dancing and other annoyances in the hallway I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 12:01 pm

Daryll, was leisurely making his way to the library to pass time, whistling his usual happy tune as he walked down the headquarters' empty hallway. Just then, before he could turn around a corner, his ears caught a faint tapping sound but not just any ordinary tap, it had rhythm.

Walking tip toed, silently, he approached the source of the tapping sound and his feet had found their way in front of a door. Luckily, the door was left ajar and he was able to peek in to check what it was that caught his interest. He didn't feel comfortable peeping into other people's business but his curiosity got the better of him.

He let out a silent 'ooohh' as he watched an unfamiliar face move both her feet swiftly, making repetitive timed in clacks with what he guessed were special kind of shoes. Daryll was so into watching that he unknowingly leaned in forward and pushed the door wide open. To his surprise, he fumbled and lost his balance, making his face fall flat gracefully on the floor.

"Ahahaha!" He stood up abruptly, scratching the back of his head in an embarrassed stance, "n-nothing to see here, I was merely passing by~" he continued blithely, as if nothing had happened.

Just then, he could feel some liquid, trail down above his lips.

The man didn't realize his nose was bleeding.

===
Poke!~ I hope Daryll is fine with you ahaha, I dont have his app up yet but he is quite a herpy derpy man from the magic department with glasses and his affinity is earth magic
Back to top Go down
PokeLucario

PostSubject: Re: Of Tap Dancing and other annoyances in the hallway   Of Tap Dancing and other annoyances in the hallway I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 10:14 am

And Yvette continued to tap away, obviously not realising that she had caught the attention of anyone at all. Because, of course, she believed she had closed the door, that silly girl. She didn't even realise that the door had opened, actually. She was too immersed in tapping her troubles away, or something poetic like that.

Though, what caught her attention was the loud sound that falling flat on the face emitted. She stopped immediately and looked towards the door. She stood there, watching as Daryll got up and acted as if nothing happened. She smirked and let out a chuckle.

"Surely," she said, walking up to him, her feet making loud metallic taps as she walked. As she approached Daryll, she pulled out a handkerchief from her pocket, because a medic always needed one handy, and moved to sort of shove it in his face, ready for him to take it or for her to wipe the blood off herself. "You're sort of clumsy, you know that? You just passed by and fell right over."

===
of course! I'm fine with everyone Cool
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Of Tap Dancing and other annoyances in the hallway   Of Tap Dancing and other annoyances in the hallway I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 10:31 am

"ah...mmmph!" Daryll didn't expect the piece of cloth to be shoved into his nose, was there dirt on his face? Scrunching his face he tried to stay still as she wiped off whatever it was for a second.

He laughed heartily at her remark. "Well, clumsiness is a useful skill to catch women's attention, it seems to be quite effective...if you know what I mean." He then gave the unfamiliar lady a playful wink and a charming smile. Daryll was always good with dealing with people, especially women, although it always ended with a big red slap mark on his face and a few bruises here and there because of his flirting.

As he took hold of the hanky to finish wiping whatever dirt was there on his face, he looked down on it and noticed the dark red stains. Blood. A hand crawled up to his nose to check the condition of his nasal organ, it throbbed a bit in pain now that he has noticed it but it was fine nevertheless, it was still intact.

"Sorry about your handkerchief tho, it's now dirty..." he said as he held the thing close to his nose, " I hope you won't mind if i hang on to it a little more." he continued, his speech a little muffled.

"I'm Daryll by the way, Daryll Evans, new recruit--Magic Department." With his free hand outstretched, he expected her to give him a name so as he'd know how to address this new found acquaintance.

===
YAY! btw, I will be out on a field trip this weekend so i will be away but I'll be able to reply on Monday.
Back to top Go down
PokeLucario

PostSubject: Re: Of Tap Dancing and other annoyances in the hallway   Of Tap Dancing and other annoyances in the hallway I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 8:08 pm

Yvette just waited and tipped her head slightly at his statement. Then she used her other hand to cover her mouth when she giggled. "It's also a useful skill when you want to break bones." she said, "I'm sure all the women enjoy whatever clumsy antics you get yourself into." she smirked, "I mean, nothing gets a girl's attention like an injured man." It's okay, Daryll, if you were to get bruises, Yvette'll fix your right back up!

She watched as he wiped his face and chuckled slightly. She realised that he probably didn't notice that he was bleeding! She decided that he was either a really blur man who didn't notice his own injuries or he was too preoccupied with things like not looking too ridiculous.

"It's just a handkerchief." she said, shrugging. She strained to hear what he said next, "Oh, you can keep it. Consider it a birthday present." she said, chuckling, "Plus, wouldn't want blood dripping all over the corridors."

She looked at his hand and shook it firmly, "Hello, Daryll. Nice to meet you." she smiled, "I'm Yvette. Yvette Bryant. I'm a medic." she laughed, "So if you ever fall down again, I can help you clean whatever bruises you get."

===
Oh! Have fun at your field trip! <333
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Of Tap Dancing and other annoyances in the hallway   Of Tap Dancing and other annoyances in the hallway I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 3:24 pm

He smiled back at her, quite happy that she didn't mind the mess he did on her hanky and on meeting a new friend, one who's good at treating his bruises at that; lucky, he thought, since he always manages to get himself hurt.

"I'm gonna hold on to this." He said, tucking the dainty piece of cloth away in his pockets, intending to give it back after washing it clean.

"Mhmm, so Yvette," he rested a hand under his chin, looked at her then, down at her shoes, without much thought, he continued "...mind if I asked what you were doing a while ago? It looked interesting, Ive never seen such a... dance?" Because of the war and the constant fear coupled with running city to city, Daryll had little exposure to the arts so he knew little about dance or forms of it.

===
TY Poke~
Back to top Go down
PokeLucario

PostSubject: Re: Of Tap Dancing and other annoyances in the hallway   Of Tap Dancing and other annoyances in the hallway I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 5:37 am

Well Yvette was used to messes with blood. She just placed her hands on her hips and laughed as he tucked the hankerchief away. She ended up sort of tapping her toes on the ground, making those same metallic tapping sounds.

"Hmm?" she looked down at her shoes, then back to Daryll, chuckling, "Oh, it's called tap dancing." she smiled, "Or so my mother said." she laughed again, "I'm actually not that good at it. She taught me how to dance so many years ago and I've just sort of kept her shoes." Really, Yvette being so sheltered by her mother and her father being off busy working on things for the war, her mother really took to teaching her all sorts of things.

"It's a sort of pass time." she said after a long pause, "What do you do for pass times?"

===
No problem <333
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Of Tap Dancing and other annoyances in the hallway   Of Tap Dancing and other annoyances in the hallway I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 8:55 am

"Tap dancing, huh? You're mother must be a very good dancer then." he mused as he looked down at Yvette's interesting shoes. "If you have time, maybe you could show me a few moves? Don't worry, I'm not much of a critique since I can't dance to save my ass." He let out a hearty laugh, as he scratched the back of his head in slight embarrasment.

Daryll then rested a hand on his chin and thought about her question. "Hmmm, pass time...let me see." His face brightened up suddenly. "Photography. I have this camera, see--" He says trying to form a small box with his hands in the air, trying to show her the size of said contraption, which in turn made him look like he was playing bad charades. "It's back at my sleeping quarters, I like taking pictures of people and places, mostly people, I'll show it to you once... and..." Lowering his voice, he wondered if it would sound weird if he said his other pass time. "It's weird but, I also like talking to plants."

He then let out a dry chuckle,unsure about what he just shared, it made him seem like a perv and a weirdo at the same time. Oh well, so much for making a good first impression, he thought.
Back to top Go down
PokeLucario

PostSubject: Re: Of Tap Dancing and other annoyances in the hallway   Of Tap Dancing and other annoyances in the hallway I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 9:10 am

"Well, my mother was amazing." she said, smiling, "I wish I could be as good as her..." Yvette sort of looked down at her feet and started tapping her toes a bit on the ground. "Well, I wouldn't mind. I mean, I'm probably not the best teacher, but if you want to learn, I can teach you some stuff." and she sort of nodded.

"Oh, photography?" she asked, chuckling, "Yeah, photography is quite nice. Lots of people like it, I think...... I haven't seen a camera in a while actually..." she tapped her chin, thinking of the last time she had seen one... Okay, it just felt like ages ago, though she has probably seen one but has disregarded them, "I'd love to see it some time." when Daryll mentioned plants, her face lightened up and she had this really excited grin on her face. "Plants? You like plants?" she questioned, brushing her hair back, "I love plants! And it's not weird at all. My friend's mum told me that plants love stimulation, so talking to plants can help them grow." and she clapped her hands happily, "So glad to finally meet someone who likes plants!"

Well, Yvette didn't see anything wrong with anything he had told her. She had her own weird hobbies and she wasn't the kind to judge people for them! Not that she even noticed anything that seemed remotely pervy about Daryll, nope.
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Of Tap Dancing and other annoyances in the hallway   Of Tap Dancing and other annoyances in the hallway I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 8:13 am

He beamed back at her. He wanted to ask more about her mother, but he shook the thought off, it would be too nosey of him. "Oh, well..." he scratched the back of his head awkwardly again.

"YES!" Daryll tried to contain the excitement in his voice upon hearing her reply and he tried muffling a girlish squeal,but failed badly. As a kid he was greatly fascinated with biology and plants in general, his enthusiasm towards the subject had helped him greatly in developing his earth magic and now he is studying on reviving plant species that were damaged or depleted by the war and radiation. He kept nodding, eyes sparkling as he agreed to what she said. "Ah same here, same here!!! lemme hug you~~" Immediately, without thinking twice, and because he was happy to meet someone with the same interest, he gave the small girl a tight friendly hug, releasing her after a few good seconds.

Patting her shoulder lightly, he chuckled. "I should show you my plants some time, you would love them, but I would love to see you dance too..." Pausing, a thought came into his mind.

"How about you show me some of your moves and teach me and in exchange, I'll show you my lovelies, I mean, err...my plants. That's not bad of a deal right?" He said, after snapping his fingers and extending a hand to shake.
Back to top Go down
PokeLucario

PostSubject: Re: Of Tap Dancing and other annoyances in the hallway   Of Tap Dancing and other annoyances in the hallway I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 8:50 am

Yvette just stared at him as he scratched the back of his head. Really, she didn't find anything worth scratching about!

She was grinning though. It's okay, Yvette was just as excited as Daryll, only she was a lot better at keeping it inside. She loved plants, especially since her best friend shared her passion of plants with her! Oh great, now she was thinking of him, and really, the hug had caught her off guard but took her mind of it, and she couldn't help but mentally thank Daryll for that. Well, she just sort of awkwardly hugged back for those few seconds, because what was a hug if it was one sided?

"Yes, you most definitely should!" she said, her eyes lighting up at the thought of checking out some plants, "I could make notes about them, and I could even find out new uses for them! Not that I'm going to use your plants, that would be rude." and she sort of smile awkwardly.

"Oh, that would be a great deal!" she clapped her hands and accepted the handshake, giving his hand a firm squeeze, "It's settled. I teach you how to dance and you show me those plants!" and inside, the little girl in her was jumping up and down like a kid who found out they were going to Disneyland.
Back to top Go down
juhaihai

juhaihai

PostSubject: Re: Of Tap Dancing and other annoyances in the hallway   Of Tap Dancing and other annoyances in the hallway I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:15 am

"Oh yeah sure, sure!" He waved his hands in front of him in excitement, going at different directions. He tends to talk with his hands while he talks, a habit he's been doing ever since childhood and one habit which people find very weird and or annoying. "I wouldn't mind, there's only a few healthy ones tho, I just came here so most of them are newly planted seeds that are yet to sprout...there's not much of a sample to take." He was once again reminded why he was here, so he could train his earth magic and hopefully help in quickly making plants grow, the world needed to get its green color back. "But I have rare seeds with me, you could help me plant 'em in pots...w-well, if that's okay with you, people don't find planting as a 'fun' activity."

He gripped her hand firm with the shake, nodding his head, grinning from ear to ear. He had a feeling he was going to get along well with this fine lady; he was glad someone in the organization shared his passion with plants. At least now he'd have someone to go all-nerd about it without seeing their eyes glaze over in boredom after a few minutes.

"Ah well, since we're here...why don't you show me a few moves?" He said as he grabbed a chair. "I would have to tell you though, I have two left feet." Chuckling, he doubts he'd learn something, not because of her teaching, but because he was just utterly bad at it; most of his time spent with her would probably be him just admiring her moves.
Back to top Go down
PokeLucario

PostSubject: Re: Of Tap Dancing and other annoyances in the hallway   Of Tap Dancing and other annoyances in the hallway I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 12:31 am

Yvette just giggled at his wild hand gestures. Sure, she'd say that speaking with your hands was a good way to express yourself, but she couldn't help but giggle a bit. Seriously, Daryll was just an eccentric man! "Oh, well, a few is better than none, right?" she smiled and brushed her fringe to the side, "I'm sure you'll be able to whip them back into shape. Plus, if you need help, I'm here." she nodded, her eyes lighting up with the mention of rare seeds. "Oh! What types of rare seeds? I'd love to help you plant them!" she grinned, and she was still jumping about on the inside "And planting is a great activity!"

And Yvette shook back! Well, Yvette had a good feeling about this man. He seemed nice enough, right? Plus, it was someone else who shared her love of plant life! They could have all sorts of great nerdy conversations about them.

"A few moves?" she repeated, chuckling, "Well, okay then. And don't worry, I have two left feet too." and she sort of moved to a better spot, tapping her foot on the ground, "I don't know what I should show you though. I only know one dance and a half." and she chuckled again because she found that joke rather funny!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Of Tap Dancing and other annoyances in the hallway   Of Tap Dancing and other annoyances in the hallway I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Of Tap Dancing and other annoyances in the hallway
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MDLXIII :: MAIN ROLE-PLAY :: King's Blade-
Jump to: