MDLXIII
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MDLXIII

Until We Ride Again

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MAGIC 101

Go down 
AuthorMessage
the-aegis
Admin
the-aegis

MAGIC 101 Empty
PostSubject: MAGIC 101   MAGIC 101 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 8:54 pm

O V E R V I E W

This post is to explain how magic works in this world. Everything stated here is law and cannot be bent to suit your situation. We are VERY strict when it comes to this in order to prevent god-moding and such. Please read carefully.

Magic is divided up into 4 main elements: Water, Fire, Earth and Wind. Those who are attuned to magic can use all 4 elements, however due to the difficulty and strain of using magic, it is currently only possible to focus on one element when training.
***Dark and Light magic do exist. However they are not viable choices for applicants because they do not occur naturally. How these exist is still a mystery

Magic is also NOT fueled by personal emotions or adrenaline. One cannot tap into more power because of their feelings or if they are under stress. The only way to improve magical abilities is to train and practice. Only very few people are able to get anywhere noticeable by self-teaching, however Heroes seem to have a higher affinity for magic, especially those known to wield it in their past life. This does NOT mean they learn faster, only that their 'starting point' is further ahead than regular recruits.

In closing, it is nearly impossible to be good at magic unless you enlist in the Magic Department. Otherwise, your magic abilities are minimal. They may still be useful (aka: Fire magic may mean you can hold a small flame to light up darkness)

M A G I C   H I E R A R C H Y

W A T E R

1. Water
  2. Ice

F I R E

1. Fire
  2. Lightning

E A R T H

1. Earth
  2. Crystalization

W I N D

1. Wind [Offensive]